Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sony KDL-46S4100 Looks and sounds great

This is my second hdtv the first was the 27" Olevia. Since that purchase almost 10 months ago I have scrolled literally through hundreds of reviews commercial and consumer. Brands that I looked into repeatedly where: Philips, Olevia, Samsung, Vizio, Westinghouse, and LG.

I've rented an LG and it had probably the most amazing surround sound. My roommate owned a smaller sized Phillips which had fantastic image quality.

The reviews of Vizio and Westinghouse reminded me of what was being said about the Olevia. While the price of Olevia's 747i described as their flagship has dropped to a really nice price it still remains the heaviest.

Really like what Samsung has to offer and read just about every review for the 46a 550 mutiple times and the glowing theme was incredible image with unimpressive audio.

Recently walked into Target and did a walk through of there floor models where I saw this Sony model. Up until now, I was uninterested in Sony because felt it had more bells and whistles than I really needed and it was too pricey. But when I saw this floor model it was a clear stand out. While there I messed around with the settings and realized the remote was by far the easiest I had used. After muting the surrounding tvs I then tested out the floor models audio and just slightly halfway at more than 20ft away this model did well at pulling me in and just about everyone else that was there watching.

Thought maybe my initial impression might have been a little cloudy because of the limited sets on display so decided to stop by circuit city to view this model alongside some other top dollar sets. When I realized this set looked as good as similiarly priced sets and even those that were higher priced it hit me that this was the big screen HDtv that came with what I wanted: Clear image, crisp audio, and a remote that is so easy to use and program to the cable remote that I will have to hide it from my two year old.

Since setting up this lightweight screen is a breeze I was able to begin watching in minutes. If you are like me and have to put away your game console so the kids don't get in it the tv has a side HDMI port for easy access. After running Ninja gaiden sigma and Call of duty 4 at 1080p found myself mostly just soaking in cut scenes instead of actually playing through.

I'm purposely leaving out a review of this tv in standard definition because the image is good and bad depending on the channel. From what I've read a lot of this has to do with signal strength and processing. In short, HD looks good, audio sounds great, and with the easy set up and remote you'll probably be viewing hd faster than it took to actually buy the tv itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment