Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sony KDL-46S4100 Great TV!

Great picture, great sound. A solid TV! The HD picture and DVDs are outstanding. The standard definition quality varies by channel. Some are very good--as good as my old CRT. Some are not as good, but even the worst aren't objectionable.

The TV takes 8-10 seconds to display video after being powered on. I don't turn it on and off freqently so that's not a big deal. Sometimes when changing channels between standard definition and high definition there can be a 2 or 3 second delay.

I compared the S Series and the W Series side-by-side at Circuit City and could not see much difference. I decided to save a few hundred dollars and in my opinion got a great TV that does not disappoint.

Pros:
* Great HD picture/good standard def picture.
* Good sound.
* The menu and setup are intuitive

Cons:
* Takes 8-10 seconds to display video when turned on (not a big deal).
* Can take 2-3 seconds to display picture when swithing between channels of different resolutions (from 480i to 1080i)

Note about shipping: I did not factor shipping into my product rating, but FYI, I had no problems with the white glove shipping by CEVA. If you track the order it can be a little frustrating. They don't update as frequently as UPS and the routing seems odd. BUT, they scheduled delivery for the day Amazon estimated (a little over 1 week). I called and asked if I could pick it up instead and they were very polite and accomodating.

1 comment:

  1. Great tv, front speaker is a bit flimsy but overall one of the best tv's.
    carte r4i

    ReplyDelete